1.Not for the first time, an argument had broken out over breakfast at number four, Privet Drive
2. If I could just let her out at night -"
3. "You've forgotten the magic word," said Harry irritably
4. Mrs. Dursley gave a small scream and clapped her hands to her mouth;
5. Mrs. Dursley gave a small scream and clapped her hands to her mouth;
6. Uncle Vernon sat back down, breathing like a winded rhinoceros and watching Harry closely out of the corners of his small, sharp eyes.
7. As a matter of fact, he was as not normal as it is possible to be.
8. Uncle Vernon had even padlocked Harry's owl, Hedwig, inside her cage, to stop her from carrying messages to anyone in the wizarding world
9. "May I take you through to the dining room, Mrs. Mason?" said Dudley, offering his fat arm to an invisible woman.
10. Aunt Petunia burst into tears and hugged her son, while Harry ducked under the table so they wouldn't see him laughing.
11. "You stay out of your aunt's way while she's cleaning."
12. Countless times, Harry had been on the point of unlocking Hedwig's cage by magic and sending her to Ron and Hermione with a letter, but it wasn't worth the risk.
13. Countless times, Harry had been on the point of unlocking Hedwig's cage by magic and sending her to Ron and Hermione with a letter, but it wasn't worth the risk.
14. He crossed the lawn, slumped down on the garden bench, and sang under his breath
2. 1. “Sit down,” said Harry politely, pointing at the bed. To his horror, the elf burst into tears — very noisy tears.
“S-sit down!” he wailed. “Never…never ever…”
Harry thought he heard the voices downstairs falter. “I’m sorry,” he whispered, “I didn’t mean to offend you or anything.”
“Offend Dobby!” choked the elf. “Dobby has never been asked to sit down by a wizard — like an equal —”
Harry, trying to say “Shh!” and look comforting at the same time, ushered Dobby back onto the bed where he sat hiccoughing, looking like a large and very ugly doll. At last he managed to control himself, and sat with his great eyes fixed on Harry in an expression of watery adoration.
3. They had strict orders from Dumbledore to not disclose too much information to Harry, because they were at Grimmauld Place, the Order of the Phoenix’s headquarters, and Dumbledore feared the letters might get intercepted by Voldemort’s followers.
4. Vernon tries to comfort the Masons following this alarming incident; however, at that moment, an owl swoops in and drops a letter on Mrs. Mason's head. Because she is deathly afraid of birds, she runs from the house, followed by Mr. Mason, who announces as he leaves that he will not be dealing with Grunnings, he has never been so insulted in his life.
5. Vernon was horrified and offended with the sudden arrival of Dumbledore into his home, due to his hatred and fear of wizards. Vernon was surprised and greedily interested when he learnt that Sirius Black had died, and that Harry had inherited 12 Grimmauld Place.
Шановний містер Поттер,
Ми отримали відомості про те, що у вашому місці проживання цей шарм використовувався вечір о дванадцятій хвилині о восьмій.
Як відомо, неповнолітнім майстрам заборонено виконувати заклинання поза школою, і далі правопис з вашого боку може призвести до виключення зі школи (Указ про розумне обмеження) Неповнолітнього чаклунства, 1875 р., пункт С).
Ми також просимо вас пам’ятати про будь-яку магічну діяльність, яку ризикують помітити члени не магічної спільноти (маглів) є серйозним правопорушенням відповідно до розділу 13 Міжнародного Статут секретності конфедерації магістралей.
НАЙКРАЩЕ ВИКОРИСТАННЯ МАГІЙНОГО ОБСЛУГОВУВАННЯ Міністерство магії
5. 1. Joanne’s parents met on a train from King’s Cross Station, which Joanne later used in the Harry Potter books as a gateway into the Wizarding World.
2. The first of the Harry Potter books was finished in 1995, typed entirely on an old manual typewriter.
3. One of Joanne’s demands about the Harry Potter films when drafting a contract, is that the films be shot in Britain with an all-British cast.
4. In 2012, J.K. Rowling made $160 million dollars of charitable donations, which knocked her out of the list of billionaires.
5. J.K. Rowling had been writing Harry Potter for 6 months at which point her mother passed away. She had never told her mom that she was writing the books.
6. In 1990, Joanne was on a four-hour delayed train where the idea for Harry Potter became fully formed into her mind. Once she reached her destination, she started writing immediately.
7. During her time in sixth form, Joanne’s best friend at the time, Sean, had car which ended up being the inspiration for the flying version in the Harry Potter movies.
8. When she was a child, Joanne would write fantasy stories that she would read to her sister, Dianne, who is just two years younger.
9. Joanne wrote two books related to Harry Potter, both of which she donated the proceeds of to Comic Relief which was over $22 million dollars.
10. Joanne’s favorite sport is basketball, which was the inspiration for the invention of Quidditch. When trying to come up with a name for the new sport, she tried the names Snitch, Bludgers, and Quaffle.
6. Harry Potter is a series of seven fantasy novels written by British author J. K. Rowling. The books chronicle the adventures of the adolescent wizard Harry Potter, together about Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, his friends from the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The story center around Harry's struggle against the evil wizard Lord Voldemort, who killed Harry's parents in his quest to conquer the wizarding world and subjugate the non-magical humans, called “muggles” to his evil rule. Since the 1997 release of the first novel - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, which was retitled Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in the United States, the books have gained immense popularity, critical acclaim and commercial success worldwide. The series has sold more than 400 million copies and has been translated into 67 languages , and the last four books have consecutively set records as the fastest-selling books in history. Thus far, the first five books have been made into a series of movie pictures by Warner Bros and have became one of the highest grossing film series of all time. The series, in turn has also originated much tie-in merchandise, such as eight video games, an iPod, as well as the licensing of more than 400 additional Harry Potter products.